Tuesday, May 26, 2009

White Water!

Hi
I told the lady who is was hurt on the zipline that she'd appear in my blog tonight. She said it's ok to use her name but I won't. I reminded her that many people her age (82) don't try so many things and aren't having as much fun as she is. It was only on the third time down the zipline that she was hurt - she feels it was a fluke.
The zipline isn't here - it was somewhere in Anchorage - earlier today. Imet the guests at the train - coming in from the ships at Whittier - Just as the train stopped and began to disgorge passengers we had a cloudburst - so everyone was thoroughly drenched before they got to the lodge.
At 8 we all got off work and headed to the river for white water rides - whew!
It's nearly 11:30 here and it's not dark - but it's COLD on the river - blue ice glaciers feed directly into the river. The only fish that can live in the frigid water are Arctic Grayling - the water is gray with silt and even with dry suits, we're all drenched! After a long shower I believe I'm warm enough to get to bed and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment