Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hi!
I read a news article that says Alaska has the slowest internet in the USA
.08 somethings while Maryland, with the fastest, has 8.6 somethings.
The internet has been totally DOWN for several days but it's up again and MUCH faster. It appears I can send and receive e-mail for the first time. Somehow the only way I could use internet until today was the blog - nothing else worked!
(Thanks again, Martin - I don't know how that got through when I couldn't even open an e-mail!)
Life here is beginning to settle into a pattern.
The daily news arrives and I read that in the morning. Today's news headlines :
A flock of ducks crashed into a 737 passenger aircraft, broke the windshield and forced it to land shortly after takeoff. No one injured. An earthquake around here somewhere - we didn't feel it.
There are two measurable earthquakes PER DAY in Alaska - some are big enough to make the news. It's nice to be getting the news - and the comics.
I'll go in to work early today - I have some new stuff I'll be doing and I would really like to be prepared!
Two days ago I met a young woman from Creswell, Oregon - she works in Housekeeping! She's the closest "neighbor" I've met yet!
Tomorrow is my day off. I have two guided hikes I intend to take -
I'm kind of chicken with all the bears I've seen - to go hiking with just two or three friends - Yesterday a lady stepped across the road here and found she was head -to-head with a moose.
So when we're outside, we're watchful - it's an adventure!
So - if you would write but don't want to put your writing as comment on blog, my WORKKING e-mail address is
dnewt46@yahoo.com
I hopeit keeps working!
Some of you have pictures of yourselves up there - that's nice to be able to SEE you!
Let me know how YOU are!
love,
barb

No comments:

Post a Comment