Monday, May 11, 2009

soughing

Good morning!
We didn't get to fly around Mt. McKinley last night. By late afternoon the weather was changing again and the wind was soughing through the cabins. We all have warm coats and are dressed for the weather. Nevermind. It gets COLD!
After class today, we're boarding the Midnight Sun Express (train) for Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge nearer Anchorage overnight. Then we head north to Fairbanks for our second night. We'll be learning about the various Princess locations and studying how they do things there.
200 more staff pulled into the dorms last night - They look so new and fresh - and so confused.
We're the long-term veterans. We've been here a week.
Hi, Didi!
This is wonderful!
Let me hear from you three. How's everybody? What's happening THERE?
love,
Barb

2 comments:

  1. Suppose to be 80 degrees this weekend. We will send you some heat.

    Had lunch yesterday at the hospital. There were 8 of us. Yes, we talked about you and your adventure. We missed you.
    Did you know that Myrna had 200 plus birds come down her chimney and made a BIG mess in her house? Some of the parishioners went over and help clean. What a mess and I guess it was very scary.

    Take care and keep up the blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barb.
    I am envious! I miss it up there so much. I am now thinking about heading that way around the solstice. I will let you know if I am going to make it. I believe Justin is in North Pole (by Fairbanks) now.
    Loving the blog!
    Didi

    ReplyDelete