Monday, June 15, 2009

tea and

Today I was off work!
I spent the day completely on my own, alone, but always among at least 40 other people. Up at 5 to meet the 6am narrated tour into the park, we went to Stony Point. The driver was very knowledgeable and I learned more about the history of the park. The tour completed by 3:30 so I went to the sled dog demonstration.
Home again, I guess the best part of the day was that the other 38 passengers were on a tour from Australia. So, there were lots of concerns by 10am that no one had gotten any tea.
Also, my seat partner needed "tea and teddy". Finally, I asked about teddy. The biscuits they like with their tea are shaped like teddy bears. of course!
Our lorrie drove us safely all day and we stopped for the lou (sp?) about every hour. Each time, there was more mourning for the missing tea.
All that regret about missing tea and it's only Lipton that they would have been drinking??!!
I suppose they were watching us yankees as well. One mentioned that at the restaurant she noticed that we have something we call a "bis cut" and we pour gravy all over it.
I believe I heard her say that was "revolting".
Didi is coming up next week - to stay at the lodge (if there's availability!) for two nights!
That'll be a treat. Suddenly I'm asking for days off - I hope I can get Tuesday off - we'll see!
There are so many things to do.
I'm thinking maybe she would like to go up to Wonder Lake - and to Kantishna? As far as the road can go into the park??? It just opened up that far a few days ago and our best chance to see animals close up would be there - down here, there just aren't the numbers of animals along the road since all the tourist busses started rolling several times a day.
Maybe we'll even hike around a bit??
It'll be so good to see her!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait! I have only been as far into the park as I can drive my personal vehicle. Anything sounds great! Wonder Lake! Hiking! Etc. See you soon!
    Didi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, current plan is to come in on the train Monday unless I can find a more cost effective way. I might have a friend with me, but am not sure. I cannot wait to see you (and visit home!) Hiking and pictures sounds wonderful!
    Didi

    ReplyDelete