Sunday, June 21, 2009








HO HO HO
Happy Solstice DAY
It's 12:10 a.m. here on June 21!
Special THANKS to KACEE who has taught me how to POST PICTURES!
There are parties everywhere tonight -
but this is as late as I can stay up -
That first picture, by the way, is the state bird. The Willow Ptarmigan.
There's a town of Chicken about 10 hours outside of Tok which is about 320 miles from here (a.k.a. 6 hours)
The people of Chicken wanted to name their town after the state bird, as the story goes - but no one could agree on how to spell Ptarmigan.
HAPPY SOLSTICE DAY
love,
barb
p.s. Kacee is pretty darn sure that I have not spelled Ptarmigan right either.......
g'nite!

3 comments:

  1. Yahoooooooooooooooo...........pictures at last!!! Let's see one of you riding the moose or with your arm around the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you finally got pictures. They are great. Now we have to get you doing captions. Ptarmigan is spelled correctly according to my field guide. So what kind of bear was this, where did you see it. The portrait of the moose is very good, I bet he/she asked for 5 x 7's for the family. Today was Father's Day and we had a nice family dinner with all but Derek's crew. We did have the two grand daughters overnight Friday, what fun. Hope this finds you feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellooo Mother~ I sure love reading your blogs. We had a lot of fun up in Washington. If you can get on MySpace, I've posted a ton of pics of the boys on our trip. Love you and am excited about our trip up to see you in August.

    ReplyDelete