Friday, August 14, 2009

Glacier Landing by Plane 8.11.09 - almost landed!











On August 11, I finally got a chance to catch the Glacier Landing flight. The picture on the right is of our flight into the glacier on Mt. McKinley as we tried to land. The picture to the left is of the Healy Coal Power Generator - it's not operating now but today I visited the coal mine and with a little luck, I'll upload some of the pictures I took on that trip in a minute. I believe everything will come up backwards - still learning, learning - very steep learning curve here. Thank heaven for young adults who help me......


Well, the pictures are up - I don't dare try to upload more. I did so this morning and then the internet went down - and all was lost. It's fall here. The wind is brisk. It freezes at night. The flowers that are at the edges of the boxes are wilting. The leaves are turning yellow and falling from trees.
Tomorrow I'm back on the train to greet passengers from Fairbanks and help expedite their stay at Denali - I love the train!!
Today I visited the coal mine - very interesting but I dare not wait longer or this blog will disappear in the next blow-by that stops internet. I tried to call my daughter but no phone service either.
All iswell here. How are you all?
love,
barb

No comments:

Post a Comment