Thursday, August 27, 2009

Alpenglow

Tomorrow is my next day off so I sit here in the lobby - on the new leather couches in my jeans with socks and no shoes and my feet up on the ottoman - and a friend on the next couch. Ahh, life is good when the next day is a day off. I'll be up by 6am to go fly fishing. It'll be worth it. We'll be fishing for Arctic Grayling - catch and release only but I'll try to get pictures of fish. Then I'll have lunch at the lodge restaurant - and a glass of wine, I think - and then on to Wilderness Living and Dog Cart Adventures - a new vendor about which I know nothing - but I'll find out! Anything for the guests, you know. Everything I get to go on helps me with my job. And it's so much FUN. I'll do all of tomorrow alone since I don't have anyone with the same day off this week. That's ok. I find I really like just pleasing me. It's so easy!
Then in the evening, I'll be interviewing Don. I don't want to glamorize his story but I sure want to hear and tell it. So, he'll be the first man I've invited to my room - ha!I want him to be able to tell his story without worry about what others are hearing or what he chooses to say. He's willing to do that. Perhaps he needs to tell his story. I hope so. I've worried about him - The administration is pretty upset about two rescue efforts this summer for one kid. I believe he has spent a summer learning something important to his life. I wonder if we can unearth what it is. What a great day tomorrow will be.
Yup. Trying to add pictures - have so many great pictures but cannot post them. Perhaps Don will help me again tomorrow and I can remember how he does it next time - urgh!!!

OH! I almost sent this without talking about the Alpenglow. The Alpenglow is the pink color of the mountains and sky as the sun sets. It's incredibly beautiful and tonight was the first time it's just overtaken the evening sky. I'm trying to sit up long enough to see the Aurora Borealis (sp!) tonight too - it's very early this year - and they say the snow will be very early too.
Someday I'd like to spend the winter here too. Each season is so special - so lovely. Today the wild cranberry plants make the ground crimson red. The fireweed plants have turned a color crayon red too so the earth is lovely - in all new ways now.

No comments:

Post a Comment